The idea is a simple one:
- Gather long-forgotten, unused musical instruments from the closets and basements of kind-hearted donors.
- Refurbish and repair them as needed
- Put them in the hands of eager, young, student musicians whose families may not otherwise afford them.
This is a year-round, on-going program administered by Dstreet.
Want to help or know of a deserving child? Contact us for more information.
Dstreet Entertainment Foundation collects and repairs musical instruments. The intent of the program is to make these instruments available to families who are having serious financial strain.
As part of the application process, we request that the student or parent/guardian write a summary on a separate piece of paper outline the following:
- What music program the student is already in or will be participating in
- Name of band teacher
- What music means to the student and the family
- Why the student chose the particular instrument
The application will be reviewed by the Dstreet Board of Directors.
Applicants will be notified when their information is processed.